The Full Manuscript Review editing service provides a straightforward report on your manuscript, offering a full read-through from an editor who will objectively assess your use of integral narrative devices, such as dialogue, structure, style, pace, plot and characterisation.
After you have received your report, you will then have the opportunity to speak to your editor in a 30-minute phone call. As well as discussing your manuscript further, your editor will also offer suggestions on reasonable next steps for your manuscript. Is it ready for the consideration of literary agents? Do you need to re-work sections in order to move forward?
This service has been designed to ask vital questions of your manuscript, to ask you to consider its overall shape and structure, at a key stage in the writing process. Just how ready is your book?
Please note, this service does not include line-by-line editing. Please visit our Final Polish editing service for line-by-line editing options.
How it works
Read our short guide to the Full Manuscript Review service.
- A straightforward 'read and review' of your full manuscript by an experienced editor who will then return a practical, constructive and informed report
- Speak to your editor direct in a follow-up phone call of 30 minutes, enabling you to further discuss points raised in your report and any other questions you might have
Please note: unless alternative arrangements have been agreed with W&A Admin and your Editor, your follow-up call must take place no more than two weeks after receiving your report.
What you need to submit
Before payment, you will need to complete our online form providing information about your book, as well as selecting your preferred editor.
After payment, you will need to submit your full manuscript, taking into account the word limit you selected upon purchase. You also need to upload either a synopsis or chapter outline.
If you are writing fiction or narrative non-fiction, please upload a one-page synopsis. Please read our Writing a Synopsis guide.
If you are writing subject-led non-fiction you need to upload a chapter outline. This should be no more than 5 pages. Please read our Writing a Chapter Outline guide for more information.
Pricing and next steps
All prices are inclusive of VAT.
If your manuscript is longer than 120,000 words, or you are interested in a bespoke payment plan, please select the appropriate option above, press 'Buy now' and fill in the application form. W&A Admin will then be in touch to discuss your requirements.
After payment, please upload the required documents via the 'Services in Progress' area of your dashboard. The service cannot begin until you have uploaded all the documents. Arrangements for your follow-up call with the editor will also be made via the 'Services in Progress' area of your dashboard.
Accessible to All
It’s of real importance to Writers & Artists that our editing services, events and writing courses remain accessible to all.
- As part of our accessibility scheme for 2021, Writers & Artists are pleased to be able to offer financial assistance for up to four Full Manuscript Review services. Please visit our bursaries page for further information about how to apply.
- Bursary applications for 2021 must be submitted by no later than Sunday 5th December.
- Please note that payment instalment plans are available for all W&A events, writing courses and editing services. Contact W&A Admin on firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can find a payment schedule that works for you.