A Writer's Guide and Anthology
A practical guide to the art and craft of nature writing, covering non-fiction, fiction, poetry and polemical writing.
- Sean Prentiss and Joe Wilkins
- Published Date
- 17 November 2016
Offering guidance on writing poetry, nonfiction, and fiction, Environmental and Nature Writing is a complete introduction to the art and craft of writing about the environment in a wide range of genres. With discussion questions and writing prompts throughout, Environmental and Nature Writing: A Writers' Guide and Anthology covers such topics as:
· The history of writing about the environment
· Image, description and metaphor
· Environmental journalism, poetry, and fiction
· Researching, revising and publishing
· Styles of nature writing, from discovery to memoir to polemic
The book also includes an anthology, offering inspiring examples of nature writing in all of the genres covered by the book, including work by: John Daniel, Camille T. Dungy, David Gessner, Jennifer Lunden, Erik Reece, David Treuer, Bonnie Jo Campbell, Alyson Hagy, Bonnie Nadzam, Lydia Peelle, Benjamin Percy, Gabrielle Calvocoressi, Nikky Finney, Juan Felipe Herrera, Major Jackson, Aimee Nezhukumatathil, G.E. Patterson, Natasha Trethewey, and many more.