'I would have been lost without the Writers’ and Artists’ Yearbook to guide me, and I’m delighted there is now this Children’s Writers’ and Artists’ Yearbook. It’s a wonderful resource – it’s the resource for writers.'
Sally Green in her Foreword to this edition
- Published Date
- 27 July 2017
- £2.00 off, was £20
The annual, bestselling guide to all aspects of the media and how to write and illustrate for children and young adults. Acknowledged by the media industries and authors as the essential guide to how to get published.
The 70+ articles are updated and added to each year. Together they provide invaluable guidance on subjects such as series fiction, writing historical or funny books, preparing an illustration portfolio, managing your finances, interpreting publishers' contracts, self-publishing your work.
Foreword by Sally Green, author of the award-winning YA fantasy trilogy: Half Bad (2014), Half Wild (2015) and Half Lost (2016).
NEW articles for the 2018 edition on:
- Writing for reluctant readers by Jon Mayhew
- Writing for teenagers by Holly Smale
- Choosing the right agent by Gill McLay or the Bath Literary Agency
- Plotting: getting started with your YA novel by Sarah Mussi
- Writing adventures in the real world: children's non-fiction by Isabel Thomas
All of the 2,000 listings of who to contact across the media have been reviewed and updated.
The essential guide for any writer for children.