'Get a copy of the Yearbook. It's the key that will help you unlock the world of publishing' Samantha Shannon, from the Foreword
- Published Date
- 25 July 2019
Packed with practical advice, guidance and inspiration about all aspects of the writing process, the Yearbook is the essential resource on how to get published.
A guide for authors and illustrators across all genres and markets: those looking for a traditional, hybrid or self-publishing route to publication; writers of fiction and non-fiction, poets and playwrights, writers for TV and radio, newspapers and magazines.
New articles for the 2020 edition include:
- Raffaella Barker Writing romantic fiction
- Chris Bateman Narrative writing for video games
- Dean Crawford Why self-publishing can be a good option
- Jill Dawson On mentoring
- Melissa Harrison So you want to write about nature …
- Kerry Hudson Putting characters at the heart of your novel
- Mark Illis Changing lanes: writing across genres and forms
- Maxim Jakubowski Defining genre fiction
- Antony Johnston Creating graphic novels
- Suzanne O'Sullivan Writing about science for the general reader
- Tim Pears Writing historical fiction
- Di Redmond Ever wanted to write a saga?
- Anna Symon Successful screenwriting
- Ed Wilson Are you ready to submit?