'To find your way as a children's author CWAYB should be your first port of call.'
Sarah Crossan in her Foreword to the 2019 edition
- Published Date
- 26 July 2018
The annual, bestselling guide to all aspects of the media and how to write and illustrate for children and young adults. Acknowledged by the media industries and authors as the essential guide to how to get published.
The 70+ articles are updated and added to each year. Together they provide invaluable guidance on subjects such as series fiction, writing historical or funny books, preparing an illustration portfolio, managing your finances, interpreting publishers' contracts, self-publishing your work.
Foreword from award-winning children's author Sarah Crossan
NEW articles for the 2019 edition include:
- Breaking Down the Market: Where Does Your Book Sit?
- A Jobbing Writer's Lot
- How To Write a Picture Book
- Keeping Going: The Ups and Downs of Being a Published Writer
- Including LGBT+ Characters in Children's Fiction
- The Long and Winding Road to Publication
- Murderous Inventions
- The Hybrid Author: You Can Do It All - Your Way!
- Adapting Children's Books for Stage and Screen
All of the 2,000 listings of who to contact across the media have been reviewed and updated as well as news and trends in children's publishing.
The essential guide for any writer for children.