Back to results >
Writers & Artists
Crime and thriller
Join us for a ten-week course dedicated to helping you transform your novel idea into a fully-fledged manuscript.
Whether you've written half a draft or on your third edit, we've designed this course to help you progress as a writer. Along with giving you the ‘how-to’ writing tools you need to hone your novel-in-progress, your work will be assessed along the way by experts in their fields, all designed to help you take your writing to the next level.
Led by author and creative writing tutor William Ryan, the course will look at essential elements of the writing craft and how you can apply them to your own manuscript, including writing exercises that directly involve the material of your novel-in-progress.
Based at our Bloomsbury offices, evening sessions will last for two and a half hours, from 6-8.30pm, making it ideal for those with full-time jobs and other commitments. There will be opportunities at the beginning and the end of the course to get to know the other writers, as well as William himself.
Wed 7 March 2018 - Wed 9 May 2018, 18.00 - 20.30
There will be a maximum of 12 students in your session, in which you will receive:
- Weekly writing workshops led by William, focusing on extracts from your novel. You will receive group critiques, with your work assessed in a workshop environment
- Edited mark-ups of each of your weekly submissions
- Weekly teaching sessions on key elements of the writing process from William
- Sessions punctuated by takeaway practical exercises based around your own writing, each designed to improve your work and enhance its chances of being published
- The opportunity to give and receive constructive feedback on submitted work from your fellow students
- 25 hours of advice from a combination of leading authors and publishing industry professionals designed to help you take your work forward towards publication
- Feedback on your novel’s premise and sample chapters from literary agent Jemima Forrester and William Ryan at the beginning of the course, followed with another chance to pitch the revised version to Jemima at the end of the course
- Exclusive discounts on W&A products and a complimentary copy of the latest edition of the Writers’ & Artists’ Yearbook
- The chance to meet like-minded authors and study at our offices in historic Bloomsbury
For a full course outline and speaker profiles, please visit https://www.writersandartists.co.uk/events/your-novel